Insalata di Limone (Lemon Salad)
A refreshing combination of thinly sliced lemons, fresh mint, fruity olive oil, garlic, and red pepper creates a flavorful salad perfect for grilled seafood.
Servings 6 people
- 6 organic lemons Meyer or variegated
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves torn
- 1 pinch peperoncino or red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil high-quality
- flaky sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Halve the lemons lenghtwise and slice into paper-thin half-moons, about an 1/8-inch-thick or thinner. Discard any seeds. Stack the slices and cut into thirds.
In a medium bowl, combine the lemons, half of the mint, the peperoncino, garlic, vinegar, and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Set aside to marinate for at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with the remaining mint.
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg