Table of Contents
Insalata di limone — or lemon salad — is a vibrant, fresh salad that acts as the perfect accompaniment when spooned over grilled seafood (or roasted meat or even crusty bread).
A lemon salad may not sound appealing, but the combination of thinly sliced lemons, fresh mint, fruity olive oil, garlic, and red pepper yields a surprisingly flavorful salad.
With any dish made up of few ingredients, use the best quality lemons you can find. I like to opt for Meyer or variegated pink lemons due to their milder peel and flavor.
Insalata di Limone (Lemon Salad)
A refreshing combination of thinly sliced lemons, fresh mint, fruity olive oil, garlic, and red pepper creates a flavorful salad perfect for grilled seafood.
- 6 organic lemons, Meyer or variegated
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 pinch peperoncino or red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp 10 ml white vinegar
- ¼ cup 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, high-quality
- flaky sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Halve the lemons lenghtwise and slice into paper-thin half-moons, about an 1/8-inch-thick or thinner. Discard any seeds. Stack the slices and cut into thirds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemons, half of the mint, the peperoncino, garlic, vinegar, and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Set aside to marinate for at least 2 hours. Serve garnished with the remaining mint.
Calories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 155mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 57IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Talk to Me.